Thursday, February 6, 2014

I survived!!

I am back from Peru!! Luckily I still have a few more days of vacation in LA before I get back into the real world!  Peru was an amazing adventure and I cannot wait to share everything with you.  The most exciting part was the Inca Trail so I will share that in detail.

Other than that, I spent two days in Cusco and two days in Lima. Here are some pics from the cities.

The view from my hotel room in Cusco


The main Cathedral at Plaza de Armas in the center of Cusco

Peruvian beef dish...delish!




Ruins of Sacsayhuaman outside of Cusco

The hike up to the ruins

The view of Cusco from the ruins


Christo Blanco

Local dish of alpaca and potatoes (tastes like beef)

Lima



My first pisco sour (popular Peruvian cocktail)

Pics of the hike along the Inca Trail to come!!

5 comments:

Stephanie said...

Welcome home!! These photos are fantastic! Did you end up getting the 50mm lens, too? I've wanted to go to Peru for a long time so I'm super excited to see the rest of your recaps. :)

Nicole said...

Such amazing pictures! Now I want to go there!!! :)

Katie Cook said...

Umm these are SERIOUSLY AMAZING!!!!! SOOOO incredible:) Thanks for sharing friend:) xxoo

casey said...

How beautiful!! What an adventure. And mmm, that food looks so delicious!

Chantel Klassen said...

Wow, that shot at the market with all the textiles is awesome!! I just love all the colors!