Thursday, January 16, 2014

28



This is me. 28 years old today.
If someone had told me this is where I would be after 28 years, 
I never would have believed them.

In so many ways, I would think I've failed.
I am an ambitious person,
but my highest ambition is to have a great marriage,
and many (overly) loved children.
In this I have failed.

However, if someone had told me I would be an attorney,
or playing tennis,
or post my inner most thoughts for the world to read
or have a deep relationship with God
or have the most loving friends
or be going to Peru alone
or hiking 30 miles
I would have laughed.
Not me.  I am not that brave.

But, here I am doing so many things I would have thought impossible.

In the Bible the number 8 is symbolic for new beginnings.
For me the 28th year of my life is one new beginning.
I am proud of how far I come, but more importantly
I am deeply hopeful for the years yet to come.

Thank you God for having a plan for my 28 years that was so far beyond my dreams.

8 comments:

Lindsay said...

Happy birthday lady!

Going to Peru alone... wow! You're brave!

Katie Cook said...

Happy Birthday beautiful friend:) I am SOOO proud of the many accomplishments you have made this year! You are so humble, lovely and gracefilled! The best is yet to come:) Love Katie

Cara said...

You're way too young to be worrying about things like marriage and babies. Enjoy the now! You're going to Peru next week! There is nothing remotely close to failure here. I hope you're having the best birthday today and I can't wait to see you tonight and toast to that in person! You're amazing and you deserve the best birthday and year to come. Xoxox

From Foothills to Fog said...

Happy Birthday my friend! It's amazing you're going to Peru (I'm so jealous) and so wonderful you are pursuing so many things you love like tennis. You are so successful, sweet and fun, so many things to be proud of! This year will be great!! Can't wait to celebrate later! xoxo

Stephanie said...

Happy birthday beautiful! Sounds like you're starting this year off with a great attitude. Have an awesome time in Peru! xoxo

Ana said...

Happy Birthday!!!

ShelbyJo said...

This world wouldn't be the same without you!

Nicole Marie said...

i LOVE this!! happy happy happy birthday!! I turn 28 in a few months and I definitely feel the same way as you. Definitely not where I thought I'd be at 28... but ya know I think this story is far better than the one I had planned.