Sunday, November 10, 2013

weekend review

This weekend was one of those weekends that was the perfect balance of fun activities and quiet rest.

Friday afternoon our server at work went down so we all decided to go get a drink, which ended up lasting several hours.  My no plans night turned into a fun night out with co-workers.  It seemed like we were out forever, but I was home by 7 and in bed by 9, which was amazing!



We were able to catch the last express bus AND it was empty!  It was like a Christmas miracle!!

Saturday I woke up early to go play tennis.  I joined a league while I was "away."  I'll tell you guys more about that later.  I went to go get in my car and this jerk (below) decided it was a good idea to park in my driveway.  So rude!


Luckily I was able to get a ride with Sidecar and still had a great time playing tennis.  It was gorgeous weather and it was so nice to be outside...and I won, which always helps lift your mood! :)

Saturday night my two best guy friends from high school were here visiting some of their college friends who live here.  They let me crash boys night and we all went out.  They make me laugh so hard.  I haven't laughed that hard in months!  Love them!
me and Elex and our leather jackets!

Brian and me

Sunday I had every intention of sleeping in, but fate had other plans.  I woke up and I was feeling lazy and I seriously contemplated staying in bed all day, but I knew if I did I'd feel gross and depressed. SO I decided to do the exact opposite and I took the girls to the beach where we went on a jog.  It was just what I needed to lift my spirits and get me moving.  




Their joy and excitement is contagious!!  I love running on the sand along the water.  It is so pretty and peaceful it doesn't even seem like a work out.
After our jog, I did my football picks for the week (of course!) and then off to church.  This was the memory verse this week so I thought I would share it with all of you!

source

I wear my heart on my sleeve, but I am learning to be more careful.  Now I am less afraid to let people abuse me.  I am much more apt to stand up for myself.  I do not want to ever be so jaded or bitter than I do not act from the heart.  Everything I do most certainly flows from my heart and I hope to stay that way.

How was your weekend!?  What did you do?

2 comments:

From Foothills to Fog said...

What a great weekend!! I love going down to Crissy field to let Louis run around in the sand. Sounds like it was just what you needed to start your day! xo

Maureen Dillmore said...

I wish my pups liked the beach - I would love to take them down there! Also, you are WAY nicer than I would have been about the car in my driveway- that guy would have been TOWED!