Tuesday, November 19, 2013

slow cooker soup

Theresa and Cara came over recently for dinner.  Cara brought wine and cheese and Theresa brought an amazing salad with cheese and pears (yum!).  I was in charge of the main.  It had been cold and fall-like all week so I decided to make a hearty soup.  I didn't know what time I would be off work so I decided to take advantage of my slow cooker.

I made an amazing chicken enchilada soup.  It was super easy and the perfect hearty fall/winter dinner.

You start by browning onions and then adding spices

Then you add tomato sauce and chopped tomatos

Add that to the slow cooker bowl, along with canned corn and black beans

Then add chicken stock and boneless, skinless chicken thighs

At this point I put the whole thing in the refrigerator and let it sit over night.  The next morning I put the slow cooker in the heating machine thingy and left it for the day.

When I came home, the house smelled amazing!
I took the chicken out and shredded it with a fork

Put the chicken back in, stir and voila!
You can serve it with tortilla chips, chedder cheese, green onions and/or cilantro.

4 comments:

Cara said...

It was delicious! This weather in the city makes me want to try it out :) Looking forward to dinner on Thursday. I'm liking this girls' dinner so often now.

Katie Cook said...

YUMMMMMM!!!!

Ashley said...

Oh my goodness….yes!!! This looks amazing.

christie said...

Looks delicious- I wil have to try it!!

Christie
ckanani.com/blog