Monday, July 8, 2013

4th of July in the Mountains


We left on Wednesday to go up to the mountains for a long weekend.  We spent the weekend hiking, kayaking, eating and relaxing.  Some quiet time in nature and a couple extra days off was exactly what I needed to recharge.  I didn't get any pics kayaking because I was afraid to tip over and lose my camera, but here are some from hiking and fireworks.

Gorgeous wild flowers



Does it get any cuter than this?



Yes I dress like a bum when I am hiking















We did a long hike up to a beautiful, secluded lake







9 comments:

Cara said...

Great pictures!! We didn't get to do any hiking (I was "working" M-W) but I wish we had.

Stephanie said...

Looks like an awesome weekend!

Ashley said...

Agreed! Perfect way to recharge. So glad you had a great holiday!

Serena said...

Looks like an awesome 4th of July! I wanted to go to Tahoe but we just couldn't swing it this year.

From Foothills to Fog said...

Loved the pictures! It looks like you had a great time! I can't believe we were both up at Kirkwood on the same day! The boys played the Frisbee golf course and the girls hiked along with them. It was so nice up there this weekend! It would have been so fun to run into you :)

Rachel Lawson said...

This looks like a pretty perfect 4th to me!! The photos are lovely and the hike looked like so much fun!

xo
Rachel

casey said...

LOOKS sooo incredible!! And never fear, we have the same hiking attire :)

Mo (New on U) said...

I've only been to Tahoe in the winter - now I definitely want to go check it out in the summer! It's so beautiful!

heather @ fieryandopinionated said...

this looks incredible - i'm going to need more info on how to get myself there. :) great pictures and it looks SO relaxing.