Tuesday, May 28, 2013

weekend recap

I learned this weekend that I really love 3 day weekends and the sun!!

On Friday my little dirt ball got groomed!
Also on Friday, I went to a game night at Mo's house with some other lovely SF bloggers and their significant others.  I love how blogging has given me real life friends to hang with in the city!

I love even more than Mo's husband went golfing with Russ this weekend!  See even the significant others have our blogs to thank!
Cara and Evan at game night


Mo, Serena and Heather

Mo's dog, Mugsley, was verrrry interested in some bacon wrapped appetizers!

Really bad instagram photo of us all.  Sorry the quality is so bad, at least I remembered to take some pics!

We women didn't know what many of the cards in Cards Against Humanity were.  Googling ensued and this was the result.  Their faces say it all!

Saturday morning I had a flight to catch at 6:30 am (yuck!), which meant I had to get up at 4am (bigger YUCK) AND poor Russ took me to the airport so he had to get up that early too.  I owe him one! (but shhh! don't tell him that!)

I flew out to AZ to visit my mom.  My best friend, Shelby, met me out there with her sweet baby boy Hunter (he is also my god son).  The last time I saw him, he was 3 weeks old.  Now he is a little man who walks and talks!!
Hunter and my mommy

It was in the 90s all weekend so we got some good pool time in.

We also went to the farmer's market.  I bought Russ a treat there to bring back as a thank you for taking me to the airport so early and watching the girls while I was gone.

Could he be any cuter? Nope, I didn't think so either!

We also did some reading.

I had the best time spending quality time with my mom, best friend and godson.  My best friend has been away from her husband for months now because of his job in the army.  This memorial day it is important to remember those who have fallen, but also those who continue to sacrifice.  This includes the men and women in the armed forces, but also their families who sacrifice every day they are separated.  Her husband is truly a hero, but she is mine.  How she has raised such a sweet little boy while going to school and running marathons is beyond me.  She is amazing!

10 comments:

blairsays.com said...

Found your site from Big Mario Life! Excited to keep reading. (www.blairsays.com)

Mo (New on U) said...

haha I forgot about the googling picture - their faces are hilarious! I'm so glad you guys made it on Friday. Looks like the rest of your weekend was great too!

April said...

Looks like a great weekend!! So funny that you two got your hubbies new friends thru blogging. haha

Cara said...

Busy weekend! Looks like you had a great time in AZ. So jealous of the weather!

The boys all need to have a golf day or something of the sort. I'm glad they had a golf date, that is so cute.

ShelbyJo said...

Love all the cute pictures. So glad we got to spend our weekend with you!

heather @ fieryandopinionated said...

hahaha oh that picture of serena and i… yikes! i wish i could remember exactly what we were googling. nothing good, that's for sure. looks like you had a great weekend - really jealous of your pool time!

Nicole Marie said...

i have been hearing a lot about cards against humanity and i am so excited to get back to the states and play. i love games

Megan said...

I'm jealous that you have summer now! I just want to swim :(

Ashley R said...

So wonderful that you got to visit your best friend. It is important to remember the people who sacrifice and support our military too! This looks like such a relaxing, uplifting weekend. <3

Amanda Schroeder said...

Your pictures are so cute! And it looks like you had such an amazing weekend. Love this. And your cute blog that I've been stalking for like an hour now. Oops?

we&serendipity