Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Bay 2 Breakers

As many of you know, this weekend in SF was Bay to Breakers.  It is a giant run/walk from the Bay in the east to the Breakers in the west.  Some people run this race early in the morning.  The vast majority of people walk the race in costume while imbibing alcoholic beverages.

My brother came to visit last year for this race and had so much fun he decided to come back again.  I had fun, but way less fun than last year.  I think I am starting to get (or already am) too old for this.  We will see how I feel next year, but this might have been my last one.

Here are pics from the day...
Masses of people

me and Lindsay




me and the brother

crazy drunk people asking to get injured by scaling a statue

6 comments:

From Foothills to Fog said...

That looks so fun! Since Andrew's family was visiting we didn't partake, but I'd like to next year because I feel like if you live in the city you have to do it at least once. But at the same time, I feel like I'm getting too old haha. It was the perfect day on Sunday for it, almost hot!

emi said...

haha i love that you did this! looks so funny, but i agree--after a year or two i would probably have enough of this too haha..love all the costumes!

Lindsay said...

I'm kinda sad I never got to experience this.

heather @ fieryandopinionated said...

love your costumes! we had thought we wouldn't stand out in normal clothes and man were we wrong… luckily our friend had some crazy wigs for us!

Ragan said...

oh my goodness, that looks so fun!! I'm seriously dying to visit SF, it looks like such an awesome place!

Sarah said...

Oh man this looks hilarious, and so fun, and kinda crazy! Sorry you didn't have as much fun this year. Like you said, maybe next year will be better =)