Monday, April 29, 2013

NYC

We went to NYC the summer after I took the bar and I fell in love.  Since then I have been wanting to go back, but it hasn't ever worked out.  At the beginning of April Russ had to go to NYC for work.  I decided it would be a great idea to fly out Thursday night and meet him for the weekend (and I was right).

We stayed with a friend (the one who introduced us!).  He had to work Friday so Russ and I spent the day being tourists.  We started by going to the Met.

On the steps outside the Met (Gossip Girl anyone?)









The weather was amazing so we decided to stroll around Central Park after we checked out the museum.


yes guys, I did get bangs.  Before I flew out, I got a new haircut and didn't tell Russ.  It was a fun surprise to see his face when I arrived!




Spring had sprung in NYC and there were pretty flowers blooming everywhere.


After the park, we went and got pizza.  This was probably the best pizza I've ever had.  I meant to take pictures before we dove in, but when it arrived I was too excited (and hungry!)



That night we went to this amazing wine and food pairing and then out to a bar.  I was too busy eating and drinking to take pictures (sorry guys!).

Saturday the gorgeous weather continued so we decided to walk Highline.

See those trees above the cab?  That is Highline.  It is a boardwalk above the street.




Then we headed down to the water to stroll and grab a beer.




At this point we were starving so we decided to go to Ipudo.  It is a famous Ramen place that has the longest wait ever.  It opens at 5 so we thought if we got there right at 5 we wouldn't have to wait.  WRONG.  We sat down to eat at 6:30.  It was WELL worth the wait though.
Delicious pork buns.  I think we had about 5 orders of these....seriously.


yummiest ramen.




Sunday we went and got brunch with friends and then had to catch our flight back.  We didn't get home until late.  We were welcomed home by a sick Bijou (we knew because she had gotten sick all over our apartment...yuck!).  We cleaned up and crashed on the couch.  This little lady didn't seem one bit sick to me.  She can finally rest peacefully with both of us home!

9 comments:

Cara said...

I've never been to NYC! These pictures make me really want to go now.

Sarah said...

Wow what a fun visit!!! I bet he was happy to see you. Your bangs totally look adorable btw =)

A Girl In Transit

Meg {henninglove} said...

absolutely love the bangs on you and the fact that you didn't tell russ too so he was surprised when he saw you in new york! i am craving those buns now and ramen too thanks to you! how fun you took a quick trip to join him for the weekend, i agree a great idea indeed

twiggy@thedirtlife said...

I have never been to NYC. I've always wanted to though. But not by myself, like, to meet someone there who knows their way around and could show us a good time! One day...

P.S. Love the bangs :)

Ashley said...

Such a fun trip!!! I do the same thing when it comes to taking pictures of food...I don't remember til I'm half way done. You look SO great with bangs!

Stephanie Court said...

I LOVE NYC! I haven't had the chance to go with the fiance yet, though, so I'm totally jealous of your weekend. Looks like you and Russ had a blast!

PS - love the bangs :)

emi said...

SO fun! i'm so glad you got to go back to NYC, it's a city you can never visit too many times! love the pictures! XO welltraveledwife.com

Serena Lily Marie said...

That dinner looks incredible.

casey ann said...

I LOVE NYC!! looks like you guys had a blast :) and i love porkbuns so i'm putting that one on the nyc to-do list! PS i'm lovin the bangs!!!