Monday, February 11, 2013

Homecoming

This weekend I went home to LA to help out in a pancreatic cancer run my best friend, Jessica, puts on with her sister each year.  They do this in honor of their mom who passed away from pancreatic cancer 6 years ago.

Tons of our friends come to town to support her and the cause. It is a great reunion of sorts and a great way to celebrate the life of Jessica's amazing mother, Pam.

The race was a huge success!


I was welcomed home by these pretty flowers.  My dad never forgets tulips are my favorite!










We celebrated the success of PAMs Run with a nice pitcher of Blue Moon (and some pizza!).

Yummm!




This weekend I was also able to spend some time with other friends and family. I went to dinner with my friend Morgan in Santa Monica at La Sandia .  They have good Mexican food and great margaritas!

I spent Sunday with the fam.  We had a late breakfast at a local haunt and then spent the afternoon shopping.  Does it get better than that?  Nope!  I love living in SF but it sure is nice to come home to visit!!

Russ picked me up and we watched Downton Abbey with some friends.  All in all, it was a pretty great weekend.


How was your weekend? What did you do?

3 comments:

Katie Cook said...

Just Divine! I loooveeeee tulips too! And daffodils! What an amazing cause, so glad you got to go girl!!!

Meg {henninglove} said...

what a great way to remember their mom each year, what a terrific event! that is so cool you could attend. sounds like you had a great weekend in la and those tulips are really pretty

Ashley said...

What a great way to honor their mother. So glad you were able to participate.

Your dad is so sweet...tulips really are beautiful!