Friday, January 18, 2013

Wednesday

Wednesday is kind of a slump day for pretty much every employed person.  Wednesday was also my birthday.  I am not much of a birthday person.  My boss asked me why I didn't take the day off and, frankly, I didn't because it didn't occur to me that I could/should.  Also, I had a deposition this morning that has been re-scheduled about a gazillion times and I really wanted to  take it already!!

SOO the point is, I didn't do anything special for my birthday.  It was still a good day though.  The people at my local coffee shop found out it was my birthday and gave me free coffee.  I anticipated that the deposition would be contentious and it wasnt (yess) AND Russ made me dinner : )

Every year Russ goes out of his way to do nice things for me on my birthday and has always taken me out to dinner.  The one thing I told him I wanted to do for my birthday this year was for him to cook me a quiet dinner at home (and turn his cell phone off!).  He obliged.  It was wonderful.  Here are some pictures.



3 wonderfully ridiculous shows waiting for me and no im not talking golf!


welcomed home with a glass of wine. yes please.


master chef at work



Filet mignon with blue cheese and a red wine reduction


garlic asparagus, salad and roasted rosemary blue cheese potatoes...YUM!




This was supposed to be dessert.  I was too full to ingest even Yoppi, but i plan to redeem this bad boy at a later date! :)



It was so nice to have a quiet night at home and a DELICIOUS meal.  Thanks to Russ for being awesome and thanks to everyone else who went out of their way to try to make me feel special.

7 comments:

Ashley said...

Oh my goshhhh!!!! I missed your birthday!! happy Birthday!!! Glad it was a good one!

What is Hart of Dixie?

Stephanie said...

Happy belated birthday!!! Looks like Russ did an awesome job on that dinner :)

Erica said...

Happy Belated! What a lovely birthday dinner - i loveeee blue cheese on my steak, nice job russ!

Nicole Marie said...

happy birthday!! is that your kitchen!!? lucky!!

Ashley R said...

This looks like a great birthday! That meal sounds divine :)

ShelbyJo said...

You deserve it!

Meg {henninglove} said...

happy belated birthday!! i think asking him to turn off his cellphone is a great birthday gift and that dinner looks amazing too. sounds like you had a wonderful birthday planned