Thursday, January 10, 2013

Nureyev

Recently I went to see an exhibit on Rudolph Nureyev. He is a famous Russian ballet dancer. I don't have any pictures of the exhibit because they weren't allowed but it was absolutely lovely. It was a beautiful combination of costumes, photographs, film and other visual exhibits. It was utterly moving.

It had been raining all weekend so this was a great indoor activity. I wandered around the museum a bit before I realized it had stopped raining.

The museum is located in the beautiful Golden Gate Park so I decided to take advantage of what had become a lovely winter day and walk around the park a bit.

The air was crisp and fresh smelling as it always is after a rain. I had a nice latte to keep me warm and classical music to set the mood. All in all it was a perfect afternoon. To anyone in the Bay Area, I highly recommend you go see this before it ends in February!







Yummy, and warm, latte in the park




4 comments:

Katie Cook said...

what a lovely day my friend! sometimes it's so good to get inspired by the creative arts! ahhh I love SF!

Ashley said...

Sounds like a GREAT afternoon. I think Nureyev was a little crazy (what dancer wasn't?) but he was incredible and has such an interesting story! I would love to go see this.

twiggy@thedirtlife said...

I've always wanted to be able to dance...I can barely stretch.

Nancy said...

Oh I went to this exhibit a couple of weeks ago. Personally, I loved to look at the costumes! Some of them were to die for pretty! I could imagine some as amazing couture gowns if they removed the tutu and added a full length train! haha...

xo,
nancy

http://adoretoadorn.blogspot.com