Sunday, December 2, 2012

Thanksgiving Recap


So you guys remember when I did couch to 5k and ran in my first 5k here ?  Well we celebrated Thanksgiving on Friday so that we could have dinner with my Aunt and Uncle.  As a result, we needed something to do on Thursday.  We decided a little exercise wasn't a bad idea given how much eating we would be doing on Friday.  SOO, I did another 5k!


mama B, brother, me

me and mama B




My mom and I spent the rest of the day baking pies and prepping for Thanksgiving dinner the next day.
yummy yummy homemade pecan pie

We cooked the whole dinner and then ate a ton! It was amazing!
mama B carving our amazing turkey (if i do say so myself)

my aunt Gigi, me and mama B


Saturday we decided to do a hike since we had eaten so much and since the weather was so nice.  It was long and uphill and hard.  I was impressed with us for making it to the top.  Afterwards I ate leftovers and took a 2 hour nap! Ha!

you see the deer?





Moose

We made it to the moon! Haha not really, but it sure felt that way!




My brother left Saturday evening.  I didn't leave until Monday (at 6am!!!) so Mama B and I had a girls day Sunday.  We got our nails done and saw Anna Karenina.  It was a fun day and an awesome trip!

Hope you guys had as great of a Thanksgiving as I did.

6 comments:

Ashley said...

That pecan pie looks incredible.

Glad you had a great Thanksgiving...I think it's good to get out there and exercise during the holidays! I didn't do as much as you did, but I definitely took an extra walk every day :-)

ShelbyJo said...

Way to go Chant! ps. Could you be any cuter?

Nicole said...

sounds like such a great combo of events! esp the eating and napping part. btw, cute gray dress!

Brooklyn said...

what an awesome way to spend thanksgiving! running, hiking, eating, and napping...i did exactly the same minus the exercising part, ha!

twiggy@thedirtlife said...

congrats on another 5k completed! And, i'll have you know, that i would have given my right boob to spend my holiday weekend hiking in the high desert.

just know that.

Vanisha @ Vanishas Life In...Australia said...

It's such a great idea working in all that physical activity - that's what I'll need to do over Christmas * note to self!*