Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Pictureless Celebrations

I thought this weekend would be our quiet recovery weekend after traveling for Thanksgiving, but it turned out to be anything but.

Friday we went to a birthday dinner for a friend.  As you probably noticed from all of my "girls nights" in with my dogs and a movie, I don't love going out on Friday nights, but we had a lot of fun. ANNNDDD I checked out after dinner like a grandma while the young folk went out to the bars!  You gotta be you and let's face it, I'm a grandma on the inside.

Saturday I redeemed myself.  We went to a holiday party at a friend's house.  Go me!! Aren't you proud?  On the flip side, it rained ALL WEEKEND and im not good with a camera and an umbrella so I pretty much have no pictures! Sorry!

In order to make it up to you, I have a little video here of two funny ladies.  And yes, that is Hart of Dixie on in the background.  I make no apologies.




Sunday is a day of rest!  Well there's no rest for the weary (like my catchphrases there?).  Sunday we drove out to the 'burbs to celebrate Russell's mom's birthday.  I love going out to the 'burbs.  Even though this one is his home and not mine, it feels like being home.  Besides that, everything is easier so I do all my errands when we go out there!  We did some shopping and checked some items off my To Do list.

All and all it was a good weekend.  What did you do this weekend?

3 comments:

Nicole said...

hahaha what little rascals. I love the use of jumping on the couch for leverage!!

I'm sure you won't be surprised by this, but I spent my Friday night in with a glass of wine and watching "Girls" on HBO (highly recommend). I, like you, am an old lady on the inside!

Ashley said...

Your girls are so cute. I need to show the boys this video when they wake up from their naps.

I think we have that same blue color on the wall that you have in your house!

Vanisha @ Vanishas Life In...Australia said...

oh my goodness, they are so cute together!!!