Thursday, November 29, 2012

Applesauce

I clearly suck at blogging these days (yes I know when I say this before every post it isn't news).  Is it wrong to say that work has been super busy?  I'm not complaining or making excuses.  I actually like my job and like it better when it is busy.  Maybe that is why I feel guilty, because I am enjoying what is keeping me from blogging.  The good news is I have been tweeting, instagramming and reading all of your blogs so I hope you didn't miss me too much.  I make no promises at being better, but I really do the best I can and I never want to resent this ole bloggy.

I haven't uploaded pics from Thanksgiving yet, but I took lots of good pictures to share with all of you. I will be good and blog this weekend.  Thank you for bearing with me.  In the meantime, here is a little something yummy to tide you over...


A few weekends ago I decided to make some applesauce.  I am super picky about apples.  If they aren't super crispy I won't eat them.  I had six apples that were far from crispy so I decided to make applesauce.

Chop the apples into pieces

Put them in a pot with some water (I did 6 apples and 1 cup of water)

Be sure to give your helpers their fair share!

Add pumpkin pie spice, cinnamon stick and some vanilla.

Cook until the apples are soft.

Let the apple mixture cool and blend it.

I put the applesauce in jars.  I froze two and put two in the fridge.

Yum yum! This was sooo good and I felt good not wasting 6 apples I would otherwise have never eaten.  Hope this little morsel tides you over until the big Thanksgiving post!!!

xo, B

2 comments:

Nicole said...

YUM i love apple sauce! don't worry about being busy- your blog is your space so you can post when you want/and have time!!!

April said...

I suck at blogging, too. . . Oh well! haha :) Lovely recipe!