Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Vox Box Review

I was chosen by Influenster to test out a "Naturals" Vox Box.  I would highly recommend doing this.  It is free and I got to try out some really great products.

Check it out!




LypSyl™ Intense Protection LypMoisturizer
 @LypSylLipBalm
#LypSylLongLasting
Lypsyl lip balm.  This is made from Sweedish bee's wax.  The container is cute, with a little bee as the mechanism for getting more chapstick.  The container is a little larger than most chapsticks so that might be inconvenient for some, but it fits in my large purse just fine!

It is soft and smooth and lasts for quite a while.  It has no icky taste.  The only thing I didn't love was that it smelled kind of like toothpaste.  However, the smell didn't linger so it wasn't bad.  My lips were really dry from being in the sun and I definitely think I got some moisturizing.  Wish it had SPF tho!







CleanWell Individual Hand Sanitizer Wipes
@CleanWell
#naturalclean

This worked well and was exactly what I would have expected.  The towelette was soft.  The only thing was that the scent was kind of pine-y or lemon-y and it was a little too strong.






EBOOST Natural Energy
@EBOOST
#naturalenergyboost

This reminds me of EmergenC (which I love).  This has no sugar, artificial flavors and only has 5 calories.  I love that it has no added sugar! Since I am not sick, I thought I would give it a try during one of those afternoon slumps where I always get sleepy.  It was extraordinarily sweet.  I added twice as much water and still thought it was a little too sweet.  In all fairness, I dilute juice because I think it is too sweet.  As for the taste, I don't love it.  However, I am not a huge fan of orange flavored candies and such so I probably would have liked a berry flavor better.  Energy wise,




The Original Dish Drying Mat
#TheOriginalDishDryingMat
  I had actually just purchased a similar mat that I was really enjoying.  I swapped that one out for this one.  It feels thicker than the other one I had and I like the cream color.

I thought it worked well and looked nice.  I would recommend this for sure.





Country Life Maxi-Hair Maximized Dietary Supplements
#MaxiHair
This is supposed to be for hair and nails.  I normally take a multi-vitamin that is also for hair and nails.  In order to isolate this product's effectiveness, I stopped taking the other one first.  The directions say to take 2/day so that is what I have been doing.  The pills are fairly large, but I had no problem taking them.  I ate them with food and I didn't feel sick or have any issues in that regard.  As for effectiveness, I will have to get back to you after I have taken it for a longer amount of time.






GEODEO Deodorant
@mygeodeo
#GeodeoFresh
I have tried NUMEROUS all natural deodorants and they either don't work at all or work at first and then I somehow become immune to them.  At first sight, I didn't love the packaging of this one, but it smells great!  I like that idea that it detoxes and that is environmentally friendly.  When I first put it on, my armpits felt a little sticky, but that went away once it dried.

I feel like this worked for this first few hours, but by the end of the day I don't think it really worked anymore (sorry co-workers! jk).  As much as I wanted to like this one, I am still struggling to be happy with an all natural deodorant.  Sorry GeoDeo! :(



Ironically enough, I cannot get Blogger to upload the rotated pic! I guess upside down is for products I don't like!




NECTRESSE Sweetener
#nectresse
I already use Stevia in my coffee/tea as a zero calorie sweetener.  I have tried many kinds of all natural, zero-calorie sweeteners.  I am a bit more tolerant of an after taste because of this.  However, I have definitely turned my nose up at some of a gross after taste.  There were 2 packets enclosed so I used one with coffee and one with tea to mix it up.  I thought it tasted great in the coffee.  I tasted no aftertaste and I liked the level of sweetness.



2 comments:

Nicole said...

fun! I love testing new products. I think I am going to have to sign up for birch box again. How do you handle stevia- I just can't get used to the taste.

Vanisha @ Vanishas Life In...Australia said...

What great products! I'm especially impressed by the variety of products in this book. I would have loved to have tried them out. I loved your review of the products too.