Monday, October 1, 2012

Happy Fall Ya'll link-up

I am doing a link up with Meg from Henning Love on fall cooking, baking and crafting.

This weekend I baked pumpkin bread.  I used this recipe .  I'd never made it with olive oil so I was excited to give it a try.

Mix the wet ingredients.

Add in the dry ingredients.

Then bake.  I added a little oats and brown sugar to the top to make a crunchy topping.

It turned out delicious, but HUGE.  It took FOREVER to bake!!


I also made bolognese sauce.  I had some for dinner Saturday night, but I saved the rest for dinner this week.  If there is any left-over (I doubt it because Russ uses an obscene amount of sauce on everything!)  I will freeze it in a mason jar for a rainy day!

I used a recipe from a cook book so no links.  It included carrots, celery, milk and less tomatoes than I would have expected.  I have never made this recipe before and it was good, but I must admit, I prefer my own original recipe better!  Next time, I will be making it my way!


Sautee the onions

Add in the carrots and celery, then the beef (I used bison).

Add in red wine.

Add in milk.

Add in tomatoes. and herbs.  Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer.

4 comments:

Alli @ Cupcake Diaries said...

This looks awesome!! Thanks for sharing and linking up. I'm so glad to have been introduced to your blog! :)

jessica {creative index} said...

that bread looks so good! will have to make soon!

Elizabeth Ann @ Elizabeth Ann's Recipe Box said...

Looks incredible! :-) Thanks for joining! :-)

Nicole said...

that bread is ginormous!!!!