Friday, August 31, 2012

Weekend in Montana


Cory and Lindsay picked us up from the airport in their RV and we stopped by Big Sky Brewing Company for a little beer tasting.




When we got to my mom's we decided to play a round of golf (by "we" I mean the boys played). We drank wine and heckled them!  It was a splendid time!

We saw a large, 4-point buck on the course!








The next day we rode Hiawatha Trail.  It used to be part of the Milwaukee Railroad and now it is just for bike rides.  The first part of it is a 2 mile long, pitch black tunnel! It was scary!




 Mama B and I survived!

The views on the trail were amazing!


That afternoon we did a river float.  I didn't bring my camera so there are no pics, but this is the view of the river from my mom's backyard.  We saw a beaver and two bald eagles.  We also go the train to honk its horn at us!




Sunday we did a 4-wheel ride up to a secluded lake!






It was a little dusty haha



There were butterflies everywhere and they loved Cory!


The boys found a log raft that was built 35 years ago and rode it around the lake like Huck Finn and Tom Sawyer!





I love these guys!

Look how in love they are...so cute!




My mom made us these amazing beer can chickens.  

I made some cookies :)


Needless to say, we had a great time!!




3 comments:

Stephanie said...

I'm jealous of pretty much everything here! Especially the chicken and cookies. And did you know that if a butterfly lands on you, it's supposed to bring good luck? No idea if it's true but it's the word on the street. :)

Danielle said...

Looks like such a blast!! Loving your blog!

Vanisha @ Vanishas Life In...Australia said...

What great pictures, it looks like such a fun trip and those cookies...I have a glass of milk that they would go perfectly with!