Sunday, August 5, 2012

weekend in LA

We landed Friday and had an amazing sushi dinner with my dad.

Saturday I had lunch with some great old friends while Russ met up with some of his old roomies at the beach.  Then we met up, checked into the Georgian, got a snack at the Misfit and walked around the Promenade a bit.

cool old elevator



miss this beautiful place


We used to have 2 friends who worked here so we frequented this place.

The inside is super cool, with an old-school feel

he got a basil gimlet and i got a spiked rosemary lemonade


We went and walked around 3rd street promenade mall.  It has outdoor performers and tons of shops.  Too bad Russ did all the shopping and i sat on the bench and waited.  Weird role reversal!






We met up with one of our favorite couples and had a delicious dinner.  After dinner, we weren't ready to let them go since we see them so rarely, so we went out for some drinks.  We ended up playing a rousing game of quarters and then calling it a night.



We had dinner at Brick and Mortar.  Delicious pizza and baked brie!





Sunday we went back out to my dad's and spent the day loungin' by the pool and relaxing and then a great grilled steak and shrimp dinner.


We spent Sunday loungin' by the pool at my dad's


finally gettin' some summer weather!



Tomorrow I have to drive to downtown LA to go to court.  I am a little nervous for my appearance tomorrow because I think it might end up being contentious and I don't like arguing! (I know I chose the wrong profession)!


6 comments:

Vanisha @ Vanishas Life In...Australia said...

I love that pale blue on the building, so relaxing to look at. You're obviously having a ball!!! Looks and sounds just perfect!

Nicole said...

you're going to kick some serious butt in court!

Brooklyn said...

wowza! LA looks like such a cool place to live or at least visit! that hotel, that restaurant, those palm trees and sunset, those drinks at the misfit...OH MY GOSH! next time i really want to be packed in you or russ's suitcase, ha! hope your court appearance worked out!

Erica [pocket full of chuckles] said...

your dad's pool is gorgeous! and i love the sunset pics! i've never been to LA!

C'est Law Vie said...

That photo of you and Russ is so great! Love it. Looks like you guys had a wonderful time. You deserve it.

Domestic Sweetheart said...

I just heart your blog!! I also wanted to let you know about 2 giveaways I'm hosting (Edward & Sons & Vineyard Fresh) @ www.domesticsweetheart.com, thought you might be interested :)

P.S. I'm a new GFC follower!