Monday, August 13, 2012

maxin' and relaxin'

We are going away every weekend in August, except this one.  Needless to say I was very excited to lounge and catch up.

On Saturday we went to Russ' parents to do laundry and relax.  On Sunday Russ was going to play golf out there and I wanted to come back to the city so he kept the car and I rode the train home.





The City in the distance.

I love riding the train.  It is so calm and nice to have that quiet time alone.  It also reminds me of my time in Europe, which always makes me happy.

When I got back I decided to splurge on a latte and a muffin.  While indulging I read Food Network Magazine and Elle.  I never have time to read magazines so this was a real treat!


Ripping out recipes in the hope that I will actually have the time and energy to cook them later!



I also got to clean and work on the gallery wall in our bedroom.  I bought the frames and pics and didn't realize how small they were and how big the wall was until later.  




I ordered more of the same frames and just need to decide what to put in them.  Rather than all pictures, I added post cards from LA and Santa Monica since it is where I am from and where we met.  I also framed a card I gave Russ on our one year anniversary and a wax seal from a love note he wrote me (or so I thought, until he told me that he doesn't have a "D" wax seal!  funny enough, we think it is from our friend's wedding- their last name also starts with a D.  oops! haha I still like it!).

 








I am going to continue to gather photos and other memorable items to expand our wall to actually fit the size of the room/wall.

What did you guys do this weekend?  How do you fill big walls like this in your house? Any suggestions?!


7 comments:

C'est Law Vie said...

I was just reading that Elle at the gym and thought it was funny how they said TomKat's marriage was "rock solid." Ooops!

Also, that D is from our wedding invitation! Hehehe. I painstakingly made all those Ds...

Love the gallery wall. Where did you buy the frames?

Oh and one more thing. I love how you and Russ are so independent. I think that's a great quality in a couple - the ability to enjoy "me" time.

B said...

@ monica- yea that was so funnt!

haha as soon as russ told me is wasn't his, i knew i must have saved it from your wedding :)

thank you! the frames are from Kohls. SUCH a good deal. I think it was $20 for a set of 10 frames.

Aw thank you! We love our time together, but we also love our time apart. We both like alone time so it works well for us. :)

Brooklyn said...

i love some "me" time...peace and quiet away from forrest and the fur monster, ha! postcards...DUH, what a great idea! we have empty frames because i get sick of looking at us HA! thanks for the idea!

Ashley said...

Sounds like the most perfect weekend to me. I love catching up on my magazines. Hmmm...big walls. You can get a few really big pictures and then add the smaller ones around them. Or art work is always good!

Meg {henninglove} said...

that is such a great idea to frame tokens or momentos as well as photos in frames that coffee and muffin look really yummy

Shaylynn... I blahwg It's True. said...

It's a good weekend you had.

I have no idea how to fill a wall, you're talking to the wrong blogger.

Nicole Marie said...

i've always wanted to take the cal train