Wednesday, August 1, 2012

last weekend

I knew I needed rest this past weekend so that is exactly what I did!

Friday night me B&B had a "girls night."  I mentioned to Russ (a couple dozen times) that I was craving a margarita.  He had plans to be gone before I got home though so I knew I wouldn't get one (yes i can make margaritas, but he makes really good ones!).  When I got home, this is what I found...



A tasty cold marg waiting for me!!
I drank the marg and unwound from the day.  Then I made and ate some dinner and
I spent the rest of the night watching TV with this...


And this...



I went to bed early and took Bikram yoga early Saturday morning.  Then Russ and I headed out to Berkeley to attend a birthday brunch for our friend.

When we came home, I had a hair appointment and Russ went to another party.  We made delicious fresh ravioli for dinner, watched the Olympics and went to bed early.

We slept in late and then took the girls to the beach to play.  It was cold out, but the girls did well.  They even full on swam in this little stream running into the ocean.  Being outside with the fresh air (combined with LOTS of sleep) was exactly what I needed.

We also cleaned the whole apartment and I got my nails done.  I got a gel manicure for the first time.  I have heard great things about them, but I am a little skeptical that they really last that well!  I will keep you posted!

Thanks for hangin' in there with me!

4 comments:

Nicole said...

let's see that mani!

also, what a sweet boy- amazing.

C'est Law Vie said...

That sounds like a wonderful weekend and very relaxing. Hoping this weekend is like that for me (except for the half marathon...that won't be relaxing.) Love Russ's note to you!

Melissa said...

haha love the marg just waiting in the fridge.
thats awesome!

April said...

Your weekend sounds perfect. Russ is an angel! haha