Sunday, July 8, 2012

weekend in tahoe

We spent the weekend at Russ' parents place in Tahoe.  The last time we were here it was snowing so it was very different this time.  We spent the weekend there hiking, bbqing and playing games with friends.  It was great to get out of the city and spend some time in the great outdoors!


Wildflowers everywhere 







a little leftover snow

10,000 ft and very slippery made this a tough climb 
Lady bug for good luck 
I actually made it!

The gang at the top

Then we decided to jump off this cliff

Little did I know that the freezing cold water hits harder and the way I jumped I landed a little on my butt.  I think I broke my butt.  Who knew sitting could hurt so bad! Leave it to me!


Grill master



Soaking up the sun before we go back to the cold, cloudy city!

12 comments:

Kindly Kait said...

Oh it looks SO beautiful! What a blast! Glad you had some time to just enjoy! And hope your butt is feeling better :) xo

April said...

Sounds like a blast! You're so lucky to have a place in Tahoe to relax! I hope I find a boy whose parents have a beach house somewhere. . .

Kidding! Sort of.

Brooklyn said...

those views are gorgeous! and ohmygracious, can not believe you jumped off that cliff! much braver than me!

Nicole said...

holy SMOKES- that cliff! in a hundred billion years I would never have done that. I'm a wimp. Clearly in our twiness, you got the brave gene! ;)

Lindsay said...

Looks like a great weekend! I've only be to Tahoe once, I need to make another trip!

Nicole Marie said...

everyone was in tahoe this weekend!!!

Nicole Marie said...

everyone was in tahoe this weekend!!!

Hima said...

These are great pictures! Yeah, it's pretty sad, I've lived in CA almost all my life, but I've never been to Tahoe. I've been skiing at least 10 time, but never at Tahoe.

<3Hima

Katie Cook said...

you are too cute! i've seriously thought i've broken my butt a few times too, haha! and tahoe, ahhh I LOVE that place:)

Ashley said...

I bet it was different from last time in the snow. Sounds like a fantastic getaway.

Meg {henninglove} said...

tahoe looks so beautiful from your photos. i have never been but definitely heard it is so pretty! looks like you had a great 4th and my dogs would be doing what your dogs were doing in the sun, sunbathing

Vanisha @ Vanishas Life In...Australia said...

I'd really love to run through a field of wildflowers! Just like they do in the movies ;)