Tuesday, July 17, 2012

pizza

As many of you know, I am a HUGE pizza fan.  Russ and I have deemed ourselves "pizza monsters."  We probably eat pizza once a week.  We eat everything from fancy restaurant, to frozen, to homemade pizza.

I used to live next to a TJ's so we always bought their pre-made crust.  Now that we don't live near one, I have been delving into the world of making crust from scratch.

I've made it a few times and it is always good, but never great...until now!

I put one packet of yeast, a tablespoon of sugar, a tablespoon of honey and 1 cup of warm water in a bowl.  Mix it up and let it sit for a while.  Wait until it rises up and looks like an elementary science experiment.  Trust me! Wait! It makes alll the difference.

Then put 2.5 cups of flour a dash of salt in a bowl.  I used my kitchen aid mixer with the dough hook (which makes this process very easy). Pour the water/yeast mixture into the bowl. Mix it for a bit then add 2 tablespoons of olive oil.  Turn the dough hook mixer back on, pour a glass of wine and relax.

I let this got for 10-20 minutes until it was well done.

Take the dough out, wrap it in plastic wrap and put it in the fridge overnight (you don't have to wait this long.  an hour would do, but thats what I did and i will never deviate again since it was so good)

I cook the crust on 500 degrees until it is starting to brown, then top it and put it back in.

Look at this deliciousness...



We had extra dough so I made it into cheese bread sticks.  Next time I will split the dough and save half for later.



10 comments:

Nicole said...

my stomach just made the LOUDEST noise looking at these pictures.

April said...

Yummmmmmm. I had a pizza the other day that had honey mustard instead of tomato sauce. It was amazing.

Popcorn, Pugs & Peonies said...

We are big into making our own pizza dough too. We experimented a lot until we found the perfect recipe for us.

Yours looks so delish!

*Erin

Courtney B said...

Oh my.... this looks AMAZZZZZING! I am a huge pizza lover, and so is baby :) That is one thing that I crave weekly with my pregnancy, ha ha.
Anyway I'm SO glad you posted this! I'll totally be trying out your dough.

Melissa said...

YUM!
i love making pizza from scratch!
ill have to try yours out! :)

Vanisha @ Vanishas Life In...Australia said...

I've book marked this to try. I must say it does look great! We love making pizzas from scratch as well, though I'm sure none of ours have come out as beautifully as yours!

Stephanie said...

I love pizza too! We eat it at least once a week so I might have to try your recipe now!

Ashley said...

Mmmm...yes! that is some deliciousness. I would fit right in...I could probably eat pizza every NIGHT!

LPFashionPhilosophy said...

YUMM, looks so delish!

PS. We’ve a $100 Giveaway to Skinny Bitch Apparel on our blog! Check it out, if you’d like :)

ox from NYC!
davie+erica

Bonnie said...

I.Love.Pizza. Mr. A and I regularly devour an entire one on Friday nights.

http://www.glamkittenslitterbox.com/
Twitter: @GlamKitten88