Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Faux Friday!

Happy Faux Friday!

We LOVE the 4th of July! I am so honored and blessed to be an American (something I never appreciated until I left the country for the first time in college).  We are truly a unique and wonderful nation.

Not gonna lie, I also love the 4th of July festivities.  Last 4th of July was right near the end of the bar studies period so I worked extra hard before so that I could get ahead and take the full day off.  Russ our friends and I went to Newport California to celebrate.  We got all dressed up, drank, BBQed, and rented Duffys (little electric boats) to cruise around Newport Harbor.  It was the perfect day!  Here are some pics...

Monique and Lindsay with their patriotic Jello shots!

Did I mention that we really like America?

Yes this is the love of my life!


Everything from the 99 cent store.  If that's not American, I don't know what is!


Sadly, this year I am a grown up with a job and the 4th falls on a Wednesday, which means we couldn't go back to Newport to celebrate.  However, SF ain't a bad place to be American so we are gonna try to make the most of it!

What are you guys doin for the 4th?

3 comments:

Patty said...

What a fun way to spend the 4th! I'm sure you'll make some equally awesome Dollar store fun this year :-)

April said...

Amuricuh. Love it! I had a great light up American flag necklace, but I ran the battery out at Bonnaroo. haha Hope you still have a great 4th despite not being able to make it back to Newport. I'm sure you will. :)

Vanisha @ Vanishas Life In...Australia said...

Happy 4th B! If these pictures could talk (though I guess in many ways they do!) ;) I remember having a blast on the 4th when I was in DC. Lots of fun! xoxox