Tuesday, June 26, 2012

strawberry cobbler

I have to drive to Eureka for work today (5 hours EACH WAY- almost to Oregon).  Needless to say I won't be at my computer to comment on your lovely blogs or reply to your emails.  Sorry if I get a little behind.  I promise that if I follow you, I read your blog every day, even if I don't comment.  Love you ladies!

And with that, I leave you with some yummies!

Last week I had to go to Sacramento for work.  The drive for SF to Sac is pretty open with lots of farms.  The upside of this is that there are lots of farm stands with yummy fresh-picked local produce.  On my way back, I stopped and got tomatoes, strawberries and cherries!

I bought some bread, basil and mozzarella to go with fresh tomatoes!



The strawberries were already ripe when I bought them and they got a little too soft for me so I decided to make a mini-cobbler with them.  Start by putting the berries in a greased, oven-safe dish

Then I mixed one cup of flour, one cup of sugar and 1 stick of melted butter together to make the crust.  I had WAY too much for a little dish so you can always cut it down.

Put the crush on top of the strawberries

Bake at 350 till it looks delish.  I didn't quite expect it to bubble over like this.  I think I left it in too long, but it tasted amazing.





9 comments:

Brooklyn said...

ahhh, i'm drooling! forrest had to drive 4 hours each way for hearings today....man, you lawskis (i just made up that word, ha!) sure are busy! :)

Stephanie said...

Ugh, good luck with that drive! and your cobbler looks amazing. I love all those little farms and fruit stands along 80. :)

Lindsay said...

Looks delicious!!! I might have to go down to the fruit stand today. Be safe on your drive.

Ashley said...

Drive safe!!!! Hope you have some good music (or all 7 Harry Potter books on tape) :-)

Nicole Marie said...

mmaakkkiingg this!

Katie Cook said...

cobbler is my ABSOLUTE favorite!! i'm going to try this, and just substitute my flour since i'm gluten free! and I went to UC Davis, and that was my favorite thing was all the fresh produce all around us! If you are in DAvis, there is this amazing farm you can pick all your produce right off the vine or tree. It's SO fabulous...it's called Impossible Acres...here is the yelp for it...http://www.yelp.com/biz/impossible-acres-farm-davis have a GREAT day girl! love KAtie

Shaylynn... I blahwg It's True. said...

We really need to be neighbors.

Popcorn, Pugs & Peonies said...

This looks great. I love all of the produce stands and farmer's markets that pop up around here.

*Erin

Patty said...

Yayyyyy for road side stands!! And books on tape :)