Thursday, June 7, 2012

C25K

Weeks four and five were MUCH harder.  The longest stretch I had run by Week five, day 2 was 8 minutes at a time.  Then all of a sudden on week 5, day 3 I had to run 2 miles (approx 20 min), which was obviously a huge jump.  I was pretty scared to even attempt this, worried that I would not be able to do it.

Sunday after we got back from Napa those two miles were waiting for me.  I suited up and headed out.  I was very pleasantly surprised that my body pushed through and it was just a matter of me not letting my mind get the better of me.  My ipod kept track of the distance for me, which was nice and my pace was much better than I would have guessed.  All in all, it went really well.

Week 6 included my longest run yet (2.25 miles).  As I mentioned in my weekend review post, I went running along the water in SF.  It was gorgeous.  I was so excited by how pretty it was, it didn't seem painful.  It was nice to run in a new place and mix things up.

I have a hard time running the longer distances after work.  I am usually so exhausted that if I do, they kind of suck.  Since I decided to do this for myself, I also decided I can adjust things to suit my life.  SOO  I have only been running on the weekends (and probably only will) until the race day.  However, I am already up to 3 miles so I have no doubt that I will be able to pull through on the day of.

Thanks again for all of your support!  On those days I don't want to run, your comments are what keep me going.

4 comments:

LindseyC said...

This is awesome! Go get em!!! I started running and call me an idiot, but I JUST realized the numbers on my treadmill are kilometers. HA! I'm nowhere near a 5k but that's my goal for when I leave here too!

Brooklyn said...

Awesome! Music makes running so much better - I refuse to jog without my ipod! So proud of you for sticking it out!

Ashley said...

You go girl!!!

Lindsay said...

I'm so proud of you! You're doing awesome! I suck!