Tuesday, June 5, 2012

"aren't you bowling?"

I love Russ and spending time with him (my love language is quality time for those of you who know what I'm talking about!).  However, I also love some solo time.  Since we have moved in together I don't really get much since Russ gets off work so much earlier than I do.

Russ is on a bowling team that plays every Tuesday.  I love Tuesdays because while he bowls I get to indulge in boxed mac n cheese and trashy reality television (I know, I know, but I love them both).

The bowling season ended though and last Tuesday Russ was home.  He decided that he was going to let me have my "bowling" night anyway and let me watch my TV.  However, he proceeded to interrupt the show every 2 minutes asking a million questions.  My answer would always be "aren't you bowling?"  This has now become a big joke where everytime he is annoying me and I want to be left alone I ask "aren't you bowling?"

Luckily the new bowling season started today so tonight he actually will be bowling!!

Do you guys like alone time?  How do you find time for yourself with you live with your significant other?

6 comments:

Mo (New on U) said...

I don't know if it's the only child in me or what, but I REALLY like my alone time. Justin goes out of town for work sometimes for 2 or 3 nights and it's PERFECT! I'm glad he's not gone any longer, but it's so nice to only worry about what I want to do those couple nights!

Brooklyn said...

hahahaha! so funny! love me some alone/pomeranian time and it's a good thing because I get a lot of it because of husband's job! it makes hanging out with / seeing the hub more exciting.

Nicole said...

hahaha i love it! and i'm the same way- Jeff has golf league on Wednesdays and that is when i paint my nails, drink wine and read magazines.

Nicole Marie said...

i've never lived with a boy but i'm sure when i do i will need my alone time... althought i've had more than my fair share of alone time while in europe so right now i just want to be smothered with people!

Lindsay said...

Haha! This is great! I love some alone time to just do whatever I like! Boxed mac & cheese and reality tv are two of my favs!

Ashley said...

Hahah!!! Love this! "me" time is for sure a necessity. I get this a lot because Noel travels for work.