Sunday, June 24, 2012

5K?... Check!!

I DID IT! I survived!...barely. haha no really, it was actually really hard.

The race was the SF Pride Run.  This weekend is gay pride weekend here.  I wasn't sure what the atmosphere would be like, but everyone was SUPER friendly and excited to participate.  It made my first run experience that much more fun.  Russ came and carried my purse and took pics (he is great isn't he?).

What was hard about the race was that the entire second mile was a hill (i kid not).  I only ran outside when I did C25K and given that it is San Francisco, I did run on hills, but I have never run uphill for so long before.  It definitely hurt my time a little, but it was most important to me just to finish the whole thing without walking, which I did.

Just wanted to say thank you to all of you for your sweet emails and well-wishes.  It really helped.  I know 3 miles isn't a lot to some people, but it was a lot to me.  When I first started, I never thought I would be able to finish.  It makes me feel really good to do something I didn't think I was capable of.

It just goes to show that you really can do anything you set your mind to when you have a wealth of good friends to support you along the way!


It was kind of cold so I wore long sleeves.  By the end of the first km, I wanted to kill myself for doing that.  I was SOO hot I could barely breath.

Instead of tee-shirts they gave shorts.  I loved them and it was nice to get something other than another tee-shirt!




Russ caught my tired bum crossing the finish line!

10 comments:

Nicole said...

woooooo!! yayayayay so happy for you lady! YOU ROCK!

Mama B said...

Awesome! Way to go! You are my hero!
P.S. You are def rockin' some defined quads there. Love you mucho!

April said...

Congrats!!! I want to run a 5K so bad! And I'm pretty sure it'd be really hard, but your story is very inspiring. ;)

LindseyC said...

Wooo hoooooooo that is awesome!!!!

Brooklyn said...

ahhhhhhhh, so proud of you!!! congrats and what a fun run to participate in! now on to the 1/2 marathon, hehe :)

Stephanie said...

Yay!! Congratulations!!

Liz said...

You are awesome!! I knew you could do it!! Way to go pushing through the hill, I know that can be one of the hardest parts.....next step, 1/2 marathon with me :) ok, maybe a 10k instead....lol....So proud of you!!!

cestlawvie said...

Awesome job, I am so proud of you! Are you going to run a 10K next? We should run together sometime!

Kindly Kait said...

You ROCK, my friend! I'm so excited for you! You are inspiring! Seriously. Way to go! xo Kait

Ariel Tyler said...

Go you! That's awesome!