Sunday, May 13, 2012

weekend review

I met a new friend on the bus.  She lives in my building and works across the street from me too!  It was meant to be!  On Friday after work she invited me to join her and a couple other friends for happy hour.  It was so nice to spend some time with cool girls and have a drink and still get into bed early.

Saturday Russ and I got up early and went out to Napa.  We went to Raymond vineyard, which is a beautiful vineyard with a farm.  It had chickens, goats, vegetables, the works!!











At Raymond, we did this program called "winemaker for a day."  In this we got dressed up in lab coats and got a lesson in blending wines.  We got to blend our own wine, bottle them and create our own labels.  It was SOO fun!!









We got lunch at this big outdoor BBQ place and had a picnic.  I got fresh bread with mozzarella, roasted garlic, tomatoes, basil, olive oil and balsamic...SO GOOD!





Then we went to this cool winery that looks like an old castle.  We tried and bought some tasty wines there.













We had dinner at probably my favorite restaurant, Angele.  We had amazing drinks, food (best mac n cheese I have ever had).  The service was good, the ambiance was good, and my date was pretty great too!











We stayed the night in Napa and came home Sunday morning.  It was really nice to spend some quality time together and relax a bit.

After we got back on Sunday I had brunch with two of my best girlfriends, Jaclyn and Christina.  It was so good to catch up and have some girl chat.  Spent the rest of Sunday baking cookies for my office, relaxing, cleaning and running (ill do a C25K update separately).


Hope you guys had a great weekend too!

10 comments:

Mo (New on U) said...

What an awesome sounding weekend! Those wine lab outfits are hilarious!

Ashley said...

Awesome!! I feel like you were on a Bachelor date! Did you watch last season?

Brooklyn said...

Ohmygosh! What an awesome weekend! I think Forrest and I need to book a flight out to hang with you guys in the Bay :)

B said...

@ brooklyn, omg PLEASE do!! and bring Salvador with you! he can play in the park with Bijou and Brussy!

katiecook said...

You are too cute, especially in that wine outfit! AND...you got to make your own wines...how fun and what a unique date! love it:) Was that the castle that was on the Bachelor with Jake? hilarious!

B said...

@ kaite, thanks so much! I'm not sure if it is the castle from Jake's season cause I didn't watch that one, but I wouldn't be surprised!

Nicole said...

annnnnd now I want to go to Napa. Now. Yesterday. ASAP.

rsvalenz said...

how do I get my hands on a bottle of the Foggy Goggle Cab?!?

B said...

haha sorry rob! there was only one made and the owner of the Foggy Goggle kept it! you'll just have to come visit to see if you can get him to make you one!

cynthia said...

Love, love, love Napa. :) Glad you had fun!