Sunday, April 15, 2012

weekend review

this weekend was one of our first "normal" weekends in SF since we moved here.  Friday night we went to our friend's birthday party.

Saturday I went to my first blogger meet up!  I was nervous to be having lunch with 5 ladies I'd never met before and 3 whose blogs I'd never read.  It turned out to be really fun and a great way to find some great new blogs!  Go check out these awesome ladies:

Ana @ A+M
Megan @  Hot Pink Day
Dana @ Vivaciously Fabulous
     Megan&Dana's jewelry shop @ Blue Vanilla
Erin @ Pupcorn, Pugs & Peonies
Stephanie @ Big Mario Life

me, Megan, Dana, Ana, Erin & Stephanie
(photo by Stephanie)


On sunday russ and i went and saw San Francisco Ballet.  WOW. I have a serious passion for ballet.  I love the way it feels to dance- the way you become part of the music.  Ballet was a huge part of my life WAS my life for 14 years.  I always saw that ballet was my first love and you know, no one ever gets over their first love and I certainly never did.  I never had the body to go all the way so it was bittersweet to "breakup" and move in the direction of my other love, academics.  I am really happy with the way my life has gone and the path I have taken, but it is always hard to remember that feeling.  Nothing else will ever make me feel that way and it is hard to know that I will never feel that again.  Either way, I love the ballet and I am so grateful to Russ for going to see it with me.  We saw a George Balanchine special including Divertimento No. 15, Scotch Symphony, and the oh so famous Four Temperaments.  All are so different, but so lovely.  Divertimento was my favorite.  The music by Mozart is amazing.

OK im done ranting about ballet now.  Here are some pics!

War Memorial Opera House

Russ and me.  Im squinty because it was very sunny (shocking i know)
Coat- Ann Taylor; dress- Walter Baker; shoes- unknown?; pearls- grandma hand me down!



Hope you guys had a great weekend!

What did you do?

4 comments:

Brooklyn said...

What a fun weekend! Wish I could have flown out for the blogger meet up, haha!

Ana F. said...

It was so nice meeting you! And next time he doesn't want to go to the ballet with you, I'll go! I've been trying to convince my husband since FOREVER.

Have a great week! :)

Ana F. said...

PS: And I love your new design! Very pretty!

Ashley said...

YOU didn't have the body? I don't believe that for a second. San Francisco is my FAVORITE after ABT. Love them. So much fun about your blogger meet up!!