Sunday, April 1, 2012

personal news

i am actually sitting at the kitchen table at my dad's house in LA right now.  I flew down from SF this afternoon and I'll head back up Wednesday or Thursday.  i wish i could say it was just a fun visit, but unfortunately thats not the case...

last week i didn't blog as much as I wanted to as I was a little upset and distracted because i found out that my dad has a very large abdominal aortic aneurysm (AAA).  it is so large, the doctors said they were shocked it hadn't burst already (when it does, you die within seconds).  apparently they have little to no symptoms so they are hard to discover.  needless to say, we are very thankful that it was discovered and that it hasnt burst yet.

they told us he would have to have one of two surgeries.  Both are serious, but one is much more invasive and dangerous than the other.  we were very blessed and grateful to find out late last week that he is able to have to "easier" surgery.

his surgery is scheduled for tomorrow morning at 10:30. so please say a little prayer for us that things go well!

me and dad in Belgium (where he is from)

at my college graduation

in Brugge, Belgium

at a Padre's game (when i went to college in SD)

deep sea fishing

6 comments:

twiggy@thedirtlife said...

oh honey, i am so sorry and yet so grateful all at the same time. sorry that he must suffer, grateful that as of right now, it seems fixable.

it's 9:15 our time here, which is only 6:15 your time. i'll be sure to pray for him. at 3:30 my time he'll be in surgery.

much love...and stay strong.

Brooklyn said...

I'll be praying for your dad, you , and your family!!! :)

Bekah said...

that is very scary, praying for your dad!!

Ashley said...

So scary. Definitely praying for you, your dad, and your family!

Nicole said...

Oh love- my heart goes out to you. So sorry that you are going through this scary stuff + thinking of you!!
xo

The Arizona Russums said...

praying for your dad. i hope his surgery went well!