Saturday, April 7, 2012

Happy (almost) Easter!

Easter is my favorite holiday.  I love it because I love spring and because its such a good time to reflect.  After lent and "fasting" for 40 days, I like to stop and think about how I did and how it will affect or change my life.

As many of you know, I attempted to give up complaining.  It isn't like giving up chocolate where I expected to never fall short- I knew that I would slip up and slip up I did.  I definitely still complained some.  However, it made me so much more conscious of my thoughts and feelings and forced me to see what I didn't like and find the good in it so as not to whine about it.  This has been a really great experience for me because it brought a much more positive energy to my life and from that I do feel more positive and happy.  This is definitely something I am going to try to continue on with and I encourage you all to try it.

For Easter, we are going to church and brunch with Russ' parents.  The weather here is beautiful and I am looking forward to church, relaxing and enjoying this beautiful spring weather.

What have you learned from your lent experience?  What are you doing for Easter?

Here are some pretty flowers to get you in the mood for spring!


the flower fields in La Jolla

anniversary gift from russ

at the Getty Villa, Malibu

tulips are my favorite

in Solvang

Pike Place Market, Seattly

Central Park, NY

Shelby's baby shower, Portland OR

Interlaken, Switzerland

8 comments:

Melissa said...

hope your easter is great!!

The Arizona Russums said...

Giving up complaining is such a good decision. I'm sure it was so convicting and strengthening at the same time! I should probably try to do the same! :)

Courtney B said...

GORGEOUS flowers! Love all the pictures :)
I love that you worked your hardest to give up complaining... I definitely need to give that a try!

JRuud said...

Those flowers are extraordinary!! Happy Easter to you friend :) Love the blog.

Andrea Dickherber said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog! The photo in your header is absolutely gorgeous...makes me want to take a deep breath and just relax with a good book for a bit :)
Your flower pictures are so pretty, too! So glad spring is here again.

Happy Monday!
Andrea
Left brain, right brain, pug brain.

Lindsay said...

Beautiful flowers! Hope you had a wonderful Easter! :)

Ashley said...

Gorgeous flowers!!! Definitely agree that this is a time to reflect.

Alycia (Crowley Party) said...

LOVE all of these! I am from San Diego originally so I totally know that field in la jolla :) beautiful, just beautiful! hope you had a great easter!