Tuesday, April 17, 2012

dinners at home

I love to cook and I like eating dinner at home.  I have to admit Russ and I usually eat dinner at the tulip table (i.e. our coffee table...ill explain the name another day) so we can sit and watch TV.  We spend a lot of quality time together and take walks, etc. so I don't feel too bad that we eat in front of the TV.  However, I do think that since we have a lovely dining room table (thanks to Russ' parents) we should use it.

Last week we had our first dinner at the table and have decided to make an effort to eat at least one dinner a week at our kitchen table.


Since we don't eat there much we thought candles would be a nice touch.  We had lemon, rosemary slow cooker chicken, broccoli and toasted baguette with balsamic from our trip to Ojai

Tonight we are having our second dining room dinner- another slow cooker meal (noticing a trend!?)

Do you guys eat dinner at the dining room table or in front of the TV?

9 comments:

Lindsay said...

Your dinner looks amazing! I have not been cooking near as much as I should! We also eat dinner in front of the tv. We even have tv trays. Haha!

Brooklyn said...

We actually eat dinner at the kitchen table howeverrrrr our house is an open-floor plan so we watch the television too, ha! Maybe we should make the commitment to turn the television off once a week (but seinfeld re-runs are just soo good, haha!)

Mo (New on U) said...

We eat dinner at our dinning room table, but since we have a small city apt, our dinning room is in our living room. Hence, the TV is in there an usually on. We have decided to try turning it off for dinner more - definitely helps the conversation! Plus, you concentrate more on your companion AND on the food!

Erica [pocket full of chuckles] said...

we don't have a dining room table so we eat dinner at the coffee table. on the floor. we're such adults.

Nicole said...

we eat at our breakfast bar and also have a beautiful dinning room table. I think maybe we eat at the breakfast bar because it is closer to the food and we are closet fatties.

Kimberly Bonham said...

I love dinners at home too!
We have candlesticks just like that!

Ashley said...

I love my slow-cooker!!! Will you send me the recipe for that chicken?

Ana F. said...

Your dinner looks great! We were pretty good in the beginning about having dinner at the table, but every now and then, we are sitting in front of the tv... Oh well. Just a couple days here and there won't kill anybody!

xoxo

John Walker said...

Omg! We totally eat in front of the tv every night!