Monday, April 30, 2012

couch to 5K update

Week 1 of C25K went really well.  It was harder to get that third run in my schedule than I expected, but I feel like it is homework (not in a bad way) and I never missed hw so I just had to find time.  This is something I NEVER would have done with the gym so we are already making progress.  By the end of the third session I was feeling like I was ready to up the ante a bit.

Week 2 was a little bit harder than week one in general. I was struggling running with the girls so on Thursday I ran solo and that was SO much easier.  Russ has been helping by walking the girls so I can run solo....thanks!!

Week 3 went really well. Im starting to get to the point where I legitimately enjoy the "longer" stretches of running and the girls came with me Saturday and did well.  They like the longer stretches.

Tomorrow I do my first day of week four. This is the first week with much more running and much shorter periods of walking.  Im a little scared, but also excited to push myself a little and see if I can do it.

I still need to find a 5k to sign up for to force myself to finish. Ive decided that I have to sign up for one this week!

I think they like the "couch" part better!

Silly monkey Bijou

Snuggly Brussy

I'll keep you guys posted on how that goes! How are your spring/summer fitness routines coming along?

11 comments:

Lindsay said...

You rock! Keep it up!

Brooklyn said...

Hahaha such cute pictures of the girls! I used to run all the time...I should start again! Keep it up and I would totally be your running buddy (umm minus the millions of miles of distance between us, ha!)

Popcorn, Pugs & Peonies said...

You totally rock Chantal! I can't imagine trying to do it with my dogs.

Melissa said...

YESSSS! way to go!
i cant wait to hear about the 5k you're signing up for!
its a great feeling of accomplishment, i promise! :)

Nicole said...

I can't run with my dog at all- she is so big and is constantly stopping to sniff at things. I feel like I'm dragging her the entire time!

ps: Maine 1/2 marathon, last Sunday in September. Just sayin' ;)

LindseyC {wanderluck} said...

Yeaaaa good job, girl! I am impressed. I hope you keep it up better than I probably will... ha! Maybe when I'm in SF you can be my running accountability partner and MAKE ME GET OUT OF BED! :)

C'est Law Vie said...

Great job onC25K, keep up the great work! And I love the photos of the pups, too cute!

Erica [pocket full of chuckles] said...

awesome job! keep up the good work. it will get easier!

ShelbyJo said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
ShelbyJo said...

You go girl! I might be starting a 5k to couch program soon with the heat that we are having. AC is looking pretty good right now!

Ashley said...

Such an awesome thing you're doing!!!