Tuesday, March 20, 2012

i will read.

i work in oakland and i live in the city, thus i commute to work.

i take a 20 min bus ride and then a 10 min train ride to get to work, all with very little walking in between (which is nice). the thing i love about my commute is that since im not the one who is driving, i am free to fall asleep (not really, but zone out) and more often then not, read.

when i was in law school i read a lot, but because i read thousands of pages of cases and statutes each semester, there wasn't too much time or energy left for casual reading. i am so thrilled to have the time and energy for this now!

i am old school and i LOVE real books. in fact, i collect old ones. someday i am going to have a library filled with real books and my kids are going to be bewildered because no one will have them anymore. however, barnes and noble's mass marketing campaign won me over, that and the fact that they called there e-reader "nook" and who doesn't love a nook.  check out their commericial....



after seeing this russ and i would read in bed, me with a real one and him with an ipad. every night id ask him "wanna by nook or by book?" and then finally i got one! 

i have the basic nook because i has the e-ink technology.  i find it very useful for traveling in case i finish a book and so i dont have to bring so many actual books with me.

what do you guys prefer? if anyone has a nook (or its app for ipad), wanna be LendMe friends and share books?

any book suggestions for my commute? (yes, ive already read all the hunger games).

by book or by nook, i will read. forever.
xo, B

5 comments:

C'est Law Vie said...

I have a Kindle, and I love it! Makes my 45 min Bart commute whiz by. As for book recommendations, we just read The Lover's Dictionary by David Levithan for my book club, and it was great! Quick read, too. I also loved The Help, Hotel on the Corner of Bitter and Sweet, and The Immortal Life of Henrietta Lacks. Happy Reading!

Ashley said...

Have you read the Harry Potter books?? I used to think the were so nerdy...but I loved them! They will definitely keep you busy during the commute

Lindsay said...

I have the Nook app for the Ipad. Some of my favorites are: The Shack, The Help, Water for Elephants, anything by Jodi Piccoult and all of Mitch Albom's books.

B said...

thanks for the recommendations guys!

Erica [pocket full of chuckles] said...

i love collecting books, too! we have a huge collection at our home and it's hard for me to find pleasure in switching to a nook, ipad, or kindle. my boyfriend has a kindle and swears by it (so do some of my friends), but i loveee the touch of a real book and the smell of its pages. maybe one day i'll switch over, but for right now i think i'll stay where i am.

you are right though, it is so much more convenient, especially when taking public transportation around.